What is Ichiju-Sansai?
World-famous Japanese foods like sushi, ramen and sukiyaki are actually not frequently served at the dinner ...
Just a Spoonful of 'Koji'?
Koji, a microorganism used in Japan to make fermented foods like sake, miso ...
Yakumi: Condiments with a Healthy Twist
A pinch of grated ginger, a small bowl of thinly sliced negi (green onion) or a garnish...
Umami: The 5th Dimension of Taste
Salty, sweet, sour and bitter are familiar terms to describe taste. Yet a fifth, umami...
Japanese Food Restaurants
We introduce Japanese restaurants around the world. Discover the best one for you.
What is a Japanese Food Supporter?
- What is a Japanese Food Supporter?
- Restaurants and retail shops that actively deal with food and alcohol produced in Japan* are certified to be Japanese Food Supporters. We request shops to display the supporter logo so that people who are interested in Japanese food can find the shops easily. If you spot the logo, please go in and enjoy the taste of quality items made in Japan.
- The experience that Japanese Food Supporter shops offer
- If you go to a supporter shop, you will be able to encounter delicious Japanese ingredients and get to know their charm and characteristics.
- In the restaurants, you can taste dishes made with ingredients produced in Japan. In sake specialty shops, you can enjoy Japanese alcohol*.
- In retail shops, you can get Japanese ingredients that are guaranteed to be safe, secure and of high quality.
- Food produced in Japan refers to agricultural, forestry and fishery ingredients produced in Japan or processed foods that have been manufactured or processed in Japan.
- Alcohol produced in Japan refers to alcohol that has been manufactured in Japan.
- Number of accredited shops
- 478 (As of July 2017) Shops featured on this website:323
About the Ingredients
The most important food for Japanese people
The blessing of the ocean
A collaboration of humans and the nature
Great tastes are the fruit of farmers' effort
The world class appearance with great tastes
A healthy yet delicious tea that is easy to serve
Playing a supporting role in Japanese cuisines that are as important as main casts
Traditional Japanese alcohol that continues evolving while preserving its history
Beginning with simple menus, we introduce various recipes for Japanese dishes from simple-to-cook dishes to traditional cuisine that can be served to guests.