David Israelow from the United States won the 1st Place
Six contestants from the world competed for their highly skilled Japanese cooking
The 1st Goût du Japon Competition (France) organized by the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries was held!!
On February 13, 2018, the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries of Japan held...
Finding Fresh Japanese Ingredients in Bangkok
From meats and fish to vegetables and fruits, here are our top picks for supermarkets in Bangkok offering fresh seasonal ingredients from Japan.
9 Hotspots in L.A. Using Japanese Ingredients
From tantalizing tempura, sushi and yakiniku to fantastic French cuisine, we're bringing you nine Los Angeles restaurants that use ingredients from Japan to offer a rich variety of flavors.
Japanese Food Restaurants
We introduce Japanese restaurants around the world. Discover the best one for you.
What is a Japanese Food Supporter?
- What is a Japanese Food Supporter?
- Restaurants and retail shops that actively deal with food and alcohol produced in Japan* are certified to be Japanese Food Supporters. We request shops to display the supporter logo so that people who are interested in Japanese food can find the shops easily. If you spot the logo, please go in and enjoy the taste of quality items made in Japan.
- The experience that Japanese Food Supporter shops offer
- If you go to a supporter shop, you will be able to encounter delicious Japanese ingredients and get to know their charm and characteristics.
- In the restaurants, you can taste dishes made with ingredients produced in Japan. In sake specialty shops, you can enjoy Japanese alcohol*.
- In retail shops, you can get Japanese ingredients that are guaranteed to be safe, secure and of high quality.
- Food produced in Japan refers to agricultural, forestry and fishery ingredients produced in Japan or processed foods that have been manufactured or processed in Japan.
- Alcohol produced in Japan refers to alcohol that has been manufactured in Japan.
- Number of accredited shops
- 1806 (As of December 2017) Shops featured on this website:1263
About the Ingredients
The most important food for Japanese people
The blessing of the ocean
A collaboration of humans and the nature
Great tastes are the fruit of farmers' effort
The world class appearance with great tastes
A healthy yet delicious tea that is easy to serve
Playing a supporting role in Japanese cuisines that are as important as main casts
Traditional Japanese alcohol that continues evolving while preserving its history
Beginning with simple menus, we introduce various recipes for Japanese dishes from simple-to-cook dishes to traditional cuisine that can be served to guests.
Japanese style beef and potato stewNikujaga is one of the traditional Japanese family meals. It is highly nutritious as we can consume vegetables and meat in a balanced way.
It can be eaten straight after it's cooked, but leaving it for an hour or so can make it even tastier as the flavor soaks through. After leaving it for an hour, reheat before eating.